Friday, February 19, 2010

Good news, bad news

So my good news is that on Monday I found out that I won't need surgery for now! Yay.

Bad news, my right eye vision is extremely "constricted" and I really can only see looking straight ahead from that eye. this is frustrating for me, on so many levels. But, the swelling of my optic nerve has actually improved some, which is a relief, so that's something.

I've had a few rough days of not feeling so hot. Joey's been sick with a cold and cranky and clingy (understandably). I've been having alot of ear pressure from the PTC, which makes me off balance and also gives me alot of nausea. So cranky kid, plus me being extra sensitive to well, everything, is making things a bit tough. My hand goes in phases it seems. The bracing IS helping overall, but there are times it still really hurts or the opposite side starts to hurt instead. Rob's not been feeling well too, still having chest and neck pain, and also thinks he is getting what Joey has. But we'll get through it!

I got a card from our priest in the mail yesterday, saying he was praying for us. I *knew* they were, but the visual to put on my shelf is extra comforting.

I finally heard back from Dr. R's office, who I have been calling, well, forever, about my blood work results. But, I missed their call (I was resting) and I have not been able to get ahold of anyone since - just leave messages. Go freaking figure. Somebody just tell me if you're going to give me the drug or not and I'll bug off!

I've been trying to cut back on computer screen time significantly to see if the lack of strain will help me feel better. I decided sort of at the last moment to give up facebook and chatting (with the exception of work chat) for Lent. Probably for the best, considering it's made me bored with the computer and made me step away and as a result get more eye rest :)

We took this photo on valentines day, earlier this week, and I really noticed that the difference in the swelling in my face is amazing. Not the best comparison - I tried to find one at the same angle - but look at my face especially, the shape is really remarkably different. I think the PTC was really consuming me physically alot more than I realized.

We took Joey to losco park on valentines day, and it was COLD because that park is shaded. But he had a blast. :)

Oh, and the biggest frustration now is we went to the office to finalize moving into a bigger unit, and now they want us to pay almost 1100 a month, which is absolutely insane for a 2 bdroom. At just over 900, it was doable before, but I'm really not interested in living in a 2 bdroom apt for 1100 dollars when we could rent a nice house for that. The intention was to SAVE money and to upgrade our space. Not spend more. So, now we're on the look again. Under pressure, too, because we have to give 60 days notice by March 1 as per our lease. The whole deposit/application/dog fee situation stresses me out so bad when thinking of moving too. We may end up giving notice without a place to live. Which I hate, hate, hate to do! But there is no way I am going to pay "market rent" for this apartment on a month to month basis (almost 1200!!)

And my house is a mess. And I cant do anything about it. All the bending + head shocks is not my idea of a fun time. Oh, and I did mention these things to the doctor - in addition to my memory loss - and his answer was that it is "just part of the disease". I asked about the chances of regaining my right eye vision and he said I should. "only 5%" go completely blind in one eye. So I'm hoping I'm not in that 5%!

So some good news this time :) Which is an improvement!! :)

No comments: