Thursday, March 19, 2015

Happy St. Joseph's Day!

St. Patrick's day has become so crazy mainstream that I bet many do not even know the saint who is being celebrated. However, St. Joseph's Day is just 2 days later (today!) and doesn't get even a fraction of the recognition St. Patrick does and St. Joseph was the earthly father to Jesus!  Thanks to my Grandpa Joe and his catholic faith and Polish heritage, I grew up with more knowledge of St. Joseph than the average kid, and it's still a very important feast day to me. It always reminds me of my Grandpa Joe and how he'd remind us to wear red for the feast day. And of course, my first born also shares this name and St. Joseph is the patron of our parish.

St. Joseph is the patron saint of Poland, which is one reason that my grandpa loved to celebrate this feast day.

I like to celebrate today as father's day, too.  Sure we have the "official" American holiday in June, but today is such a better way to celebrate father's, alongside the ultimate example of a devoted husband and father, Joseph. Happy St. Joseph's Day and happy father's day.  <3

St. Joseph, pray for us. 

No comments: