Monday, October 5, 2015

Breathing and baby and more, oh my!

In the world of baby Robin, things have been much less exciting this last week than the week before, but it hasn't been without a variety of hurdles. 
I'm still needing every four hour breathing treatments in order to just function.  My lungs are still really messed up from the pneumonia and even just walking around the house too much sets me into heavy wheezing. Up until the last 24 hours, I was having steady every day improvement, though it was small.  Had a bit of a set back last night as the last cut down of weaning off of steroids was evidently too much for my body to handle and I woke up every 30 minutes or so choking and struggling to breathe.  So, had to talk to the doctor, go back up on those, and do an even slower weaning off them and see how I do.  I'm so incredibly drained from the last 24 hours and I really hope they're in my system enough now that I can rest tonight. 
We had another trip to the hospital last week, this time because the obs sent me. I had very high levels of protein in my urine and my liver function tests were high too, so they were concerned about preeclampsia. I was discharged the same day, as my values went down, but I did more testing today and I'm waiting on those results.  Hopefully it's nothing. I also found out at this visit that I lost nearly another 20 pounds in the last two weeks. Not that surprising considering my ring didn't fit again, but even the nurse was shocked. 
Even through all this craziness and sickness (hubby and all the kids caught bugs too, probably from stress and visiting me at the hospital), the count down to Robin's arrival keeps clicking.  I think it says we have 43 days left now.  Is that all?  Craziness.  I don't know how we will get everything ready and done, but I know it'll all work out.  I've been so incredibly thankful for the kindness and help of friends and family during the crazy time for us. I never imagined being so sick and I'm eager to recover so I can do more again.  But it's a careful balancing act, since I can't really do more without sliding backwards, and I want to keep regaining lung function because well, I like to breathe.
Thank you everyone for all the prayers and know we've been praying for you and offering up all of our suffering through this.  <3

2 comments:

Just another wallflower said...

God bless you Sweet Lady and your family. You were asleep when we came by briefly this morning. Your girlies are so cute. In a said she was going to help with the new baby. :) what a doll!! You remain in our prayers! 💜 love & hugs!!

Unknown said...

Praying for your complete recovery and a fast 42 days.