Saturday, April 23, 2016

Half a year! Robin is 6 months!



Well, we've blinked and now we have a 9 year old, a 5 year old, a 2 year old, and a 6 month old. They are all growing and changing and learning so fast. I do not have all his stats, because his 6 month well check is next week, so I'll update this next week.

Today, Robin is 6 months old.  He has 6 teeth, making him my 2nd toothiest baby. Joey still wins for making it to 6 months with 8 teeth. Teeth 7 and 8 are not far from coming through also for Robin and this mama is eager for that to happen. He is a fast teether, but he is also a biter. He bites while he nurses consistently and it is exhausting.  He also is a saliva factory thanks to teething and his favorite saliva activity is bubble blowing. All day long, he blows bubbles with his spit. He's such a silly baby.  I started calling him "Bubbles" as a nickname a few months ago when he started this and now the kids all call him this and sometimes when other people call him by his actual name they correct him and say, "No, his name is bubbles." Haha. He knows he is Robin though too.

I still am pumping and giving him three fortified bottles a day, and the girls especially enjoy helping with those feeds (not just my girls, but any visiting friends too, hehe). He is thriving and doing great though so hopefully we will be able to cut back on that soon.

He is seriously the happiest giggliest baby I have ever known in all my life. We were at the doctor the other day for me and I had him wrapped and he was just laughing hysterically like a loud crazy hyena. Not for any reason, just because I was smiling at him.

He likes to grab his feet and rub the sides of his belly when he does not have clothes on (I think it tickles) :) Robin loves to be held and loved by all his friends and family. The only person he is still a bit reluctantly cautious about is Emmy and well she is an unpredictable 2 year old that is having to share her Mommy with Robin, so he has all the reason to be cautious! They have their sweet moments too though.

He has just started to roll a little bit.  He does a bit of a half roll.  He will lift his body up when he's on my chest and he is very strong especially for being an early babe and all that he went through! Occasionally when I meet another baby that was born full term around the same time as him, my heart does sink a bit, but he is simply perfection.  He will get there at his own pace, and in the mean time he will snuggle and giggle and blow bubbles at me.  What more could I ask for? :)

He is such love! We are so blessed.

No comments: