Saturday, May 30, 2015

HG adventures

So, while this pregnancy has been milder HG in comparison to my others, it has not been without complication!

For the last week I've been dealing with extreme itchiness from the pump sites. They always were itchy but not like this. Something had just changed with my body and I knew it wasn't right.  I was having deep deep internal itching.  Then a few days later the itching spread, then hives began, then hives began to spread up my neck... I would take benadryl to relieve the symptoms and they would return in the same order time after time after time.  It was awful.  I talked to many nurses, the pharmacist. All thought it would be incredibly rare to develop an allergy to the zofran now, but not impossible. Finally Friday I spoke to a doctor that felt strongly it was the zofran, wanted me to stop with the zofran and benadryl immediately.  I got put on high dose steroids as my allergic reaction had progressed so far, and I'm now trying a new to me oral med for vomiting, reglan. I'm not sure how it's working because right now my body is whipped up on these steroids, so it will be at least a week before I have even a slight idea. 

I still keep having where's my pump-itis? Any time I move, freaking out trying to figure out where it is so I don't pull it out of me and then I remember oh its gone.  It's not gone forever though. They're giving me two weeks to see how I do keeping down the oral reglan or they will try reglan in the pump.  In the mean time, my skin has began to shed off and peel in thick layers where my allergic reaction was happening.  Totally gross, but interesting, too.

Just pray for my healing.  I know I'll get through this and we will hopefully find a regimen that works :) but it is also mentally and physically exhausting!

No comments: