Friday, April 3, 2015

Blessings of Holy Week

Holy week is always one of my most favorite times to be Catholic. I've been able to participate in alot more at Church this week than I did last year this time when I had a new tiny Emily and that has been such a blessing for my life.

As I got up at 3 am today to finish barfing in the toilet instead of on myself while I sleep, I still feel so very blessed for the sweet life growing inside of me and that I got to hear baby's heartbeat on Monday.  There is no sweeter sound in the world. This is the earliest I've ever gotten to hear one of my baby's heartbeats. I always have a bit of an internal struggle with myself on fasting and abstinence days in the church, as I've been either nursing or pregnant or both for the last almost 9 years and so in theory I'm excused. I usually have no problem abstaining, but fasting has only happened unintentionally when I've been pregnant.  I talked to my kids about this some yesterday and had reminded them (oh, they so love to tell me when I'm breaking rules!) ;) that I would not be truly fasting for Good Friday like I would want to.  However, after that violent middle of the night puke fest, I may end up in a fasting by default state.

My born on Holy Thursday baby, Joey, celebrates his 8th birthday on Saturday.  He is at the last month of preparation for receiving his first communion soon, and I am so very excited for him.


This Easter Vigil also marks 10 years since I was received into the Church. Such a wonderful, fond time to remember. I have some memories from that day that still hurt my heart deeply, but most of all that day, I felt such great beautiful love from the amazing community at Holy Family Cathedral in Orange, CA, from the amazing RCIA team that had patiently spent 2 years with me, from my amazing sponsor Norah, from my then boyfriend Rob (whoa! This seems like so much longer ago), and some from family and friends in attendance and who were in prayer with me.  I have made amazing lengths in my faith in the last 10 years, and God continues to help me grow everyday.  I am blessed to be a godmother.  I have 3 living children baptized that attend mass regularly (and drive me crazy at mass regularly!) and yet another 2 babies who are in the hands of God too soon from miscarriage.  And another sweet tiny blessing growing inside of me!  I've received the anointing of the sick more times than I'd like to admit -- hehe. And actually, as this pregnancy the HG has been in waves I haven't been anointed yet, I should ask.

We were so young!  Haha.  :)

No comments: